West engages over 65 million individuals around the world with IVR and SMS/texts each month, exceeding more than 7.5 billion multi-channel transactions and 6 billion call minutes annually. Diverse organizations have relied on the Company's industry-leading products and innovative services to stay ahead of consumer expectations and business demands for over 30 years.
West's Enterprise Architecture department is currently seeking an Architect for our Omaha location, however we are open to this role being located in Longmont, Louisville, Chicago or West Point.
The Architect will lead and conduct complex analysis and design of applications for the West suite of products. They will develop new design specifications and blueprints for new products, enhancements and integrations for existing products. They will possess overall in-depth knowledge of designs and shape the future products by contributing to this framework. Provides high level technical expertise and coordinates with others to ensure projects are completed timely.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads the design, maintenance, and implementation of complex architectural frameworks that support core organizational functions
- Partners with the business unit technical staff to ensure application and system architecture meet current and future business needs
- Leads the development and execution of test plans to ensure quality of the infrastructure and system development
- Leads the teams support of programs during and after implementation, which may include delegation of tasks, creation of training materials, upgrades, or program enhancements
- Leads the analysis and evaluation of current application or system architecture to determine areas that need improvement or expanded functionality
- Leads design and implementation that contributes to the strategic vision for technology solutions that enhance business processes and productivity
- Develops, identifies, and follows best practices for integrations of new technology
- Researches, designs, and, develops new or enhanced technologies that meet criteria resulting from business or performance improvement requirements
- Keeps apprised of industry trends and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree with major course work in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field is required, however, equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
Experience and Technical Skills
- 10 years experience in system design and analysis, architecture or software engineering, certifications/education experience may count toward this
- Past experience developing applications or familiarity with Cloud native applications (deployed in Cloud architecture)
- Familiarity with PaaS (Cloud) with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and/or Pivotal Kubernetes Services (PKS)
- Prior experience with Java and .NET technologies and applications
- Familiarity with Integration mechanisms (SOAP, REST services), Messaging and Event Driven Architectures (leveraging technologies like Kafka)
- Prior experience with Agile development practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Eager and willing to take on initiatives with minimal guidance as well as learn and aquire new skills
West is connecting people and ideas.
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network - based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.