|Powder Coat Painter
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.<>|
|Headquartered in Solon, Ohio, HDT Global is the industry leader in engineering, designing and manufacturing leading-edge military expeditionary products, rugged industrial/commercial products, and products for medical rehabilitation. Our product lines include shelters, heaters, environmental control units (ECUs), power generators, chemical/biological/radiological/nuclear (CBRN) air filtration and collective protection systems, military vehicles, perimeter protection systems, and robotics including manipulator arms, vehicles, and healthcare solutions.
Additionally, HDT's success and longevity is based on the full range of engineering services we offer, including design, analysis, testing, validation, training, and installation. These services provide the foundation of our innovation, providing ongoing research and development.
|HDT (Florence, KY)
The primary function of this position is to prepare, prime and paint fabricated parts used in the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares metal surfaces to be coated using various methods (abrasive blasting, high pressure washing and wire brushing) to remove grease, dirt and rust
- Masks areas not to be painted
- Hangs and takes parts off of automated overhead conveyors
- Powder coats various types of metals
- Checks parts for flaws both pre and post powder coating
- Inspects coated parts for runs, sags and uncoated areas
- Utilizes a mil thickness testing gauge to determine if appropriate amount of powder was applied
- Performs all operator maintenance on all types of paint booths and spray equipment
- Accurately reports shop floor production data via computer terminal and/or written reporting
- Follows both visual and written work instructions in order to complete assigned tasks within set time allotted
- Performs cycle counting of parts and material handling duties as required
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred; or related experience or training
- Minimum of one to three years of industry experience preferred
- Goal Oriented and team focused to ensure completion of projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions
- Operation of small power tools, other hand tools and computerized and high-pressure equipment
- Able to operate fork lift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs., occasional lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, kneel, work overhead with arms, and sit or stand for several hours at a time
- Eye/hand coordination required, with steady and agile hands to operate equipment and tools
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required per plant rules
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or sexual orientation.
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age or sexual orientation.