Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines. Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and Central United States. Air Wisconsin's team is dedicated to making our travelers' experiences safe and pleasant.
The Crew Scheduler will work on the flight side of our operation. This position will be working with Pilots and Flight Attendants to assure that all flights are fully staffed when issues such as weather and maintenance arise. The Crew Scheduler will work as part of a team in a fast paced, ever changing, and challenging environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment
- Ensures full complement of crewmembers for all scheduled and non-scheduled flights.*
- Responsible for all reroutes and reschedules for crewmembers as a result of irregular operations, for reasons including but not limited to, mechanicals, weather, sick calls, crew legalities, contractual issues, fatigue, commute, etc., in compliance with all applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs), Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) and Company policies and procedures.
- Monitors pilot qualification completion and Consolidation of Knowledge and Skills (CKS) to ensure regulatory minimums are met and extension authorization is received when necessary.
- Manages airline reservations for deadheading crew movement, books jumpseats for FAA and positive spaces crewmembers as needed.
- Provides direct oversight of reserve crewmember schedules, establishing and managing times of availability and assignments, ensuring cost effective and operationally beneficial utilization.
- Must satisfy completion of 117.9 Fatigue Education and Awareness training requirements on an annual basis.
- Adherence to policies and procedures outlined in the Fatigue Risk Management Program (FRMP).
- Assist with training new hire employees as needed and work directly with Manager to develop and implement tailored training plans and coaching. Training duties include regular status updates with Management, oversight of training materials and trainee progress, and one-on-one supervision of trainee for extended periods upwards of six months.
- Develop and maintain a proficient understanding of ALPA and AFA Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs).
- Develop and maintain a proficient understanding of all elements of 14 CFR 117 and 14 CFR 121 as applied towards flight and inflight operations.
- Monitor crewmember legalities to ensure 14 CFR 117 and 14 CFR 121 compliance.
- Work directly with third party vendor to resolve crewmember accommodation and/or transportation challenges.
- Work overtime as needed to maintain operational oversight when flights delay beyond the scope of scheduled service.
- Assist with implementation of new Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs) and/or software as needed.
- Support pilot new hire onboarding by participating in initiatives as needed, including pilot job shadowing of SOC departments.
- Work with members of Flight and Inflight Management to resolve operational challenges and facilitate timely resolution to minimize disruption to revenue flights.
- Work with members of Flight and Inflight Management as needed to accommodate short notice Leaves of Absence (LOA).
- Assist Flight and Inflight with crewmember displacements in conjunction with currency requirements for Management.
- Assist Inflight Management with line observation schedules as needed.
- Monitor crew member check-ins to minimize delays and cancellations stemming from late or unavailable crews.
- Work with Dispatchers as needed to ensure operational control is maintained when changes impact upcoming flights.
- Collaborate with SOC Duty Managers and Dispatch Coordinators to repair disrupted flight schedules and maintain operational integrity.
- Utilize Business Intelligence (BI) tools as needed.
- Ensure high levels of service are provided to the crew members.
- Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.*
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.*
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- PC skills required.
- Must be able to work shift hours, including weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)