United Safety and Survivability Corporation is committed to delivering the most innovative and reliable safety and survivability solutions our customers can trust to protect life and property. As the global leader in our industry, we push boundaries by utilizing innovation to highly engineer and produce the next generation of safety and survivability technologies.
At United Safety we are solving our industry's most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. Our culture is fast-paced, energetic and innovative. We work to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work. We are fully committed to continuous growth and advancement; we will reinvest profits and resources into our employees, our processes and product innovation.
Job Title: Production Painter
Summary: Our Production Painters are critical to our success as they spend the day painting our products that we supply to our customers. Employees in this position receive general supervision and follow standardized processes, while suggesting process improvements along the way. A Production Painter operates a spray painter or other equipment to apply industrial paint finishes on metals or products. As well as, mixes paints and other solutions and monitors drying to ensure desired results
* Paint all units within the timeline set and to customer satisfaction, while using a variety of painting tools and equipment, following standardized sheets, drawings, samples and verbal instructions.
* Mix, match, and apply paint to products.
* Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
* Focus on paying attention to details throughout all stages of work to meet quality objectives and to eliminate scrap (waste), quality rejects and the need for rework.
* Check your own work and the work of other team members, insuring all aspects of painting are complete and correct.
* Provide team with sufficient information and support to accomplish team goals.
* Maintain an organized & clean workstation and work to help maintain the rest of the facility organized and clean as well; leaving each area better than it was found.
* Work cooperatively with assigned production team and, as needed, work positively with other teams to provide any assistance to any area and/or department required.
* Constantly conscientious about workplace safety; observing all the company rules and safety practices.
* Understand that all team members will need to pitch in, in other areas, as needed to help meet our goals and get excited to do so.
You're a great fit for this position if this describes you;
* You possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous experience in production painting in a manufacturing setting is a plus.
* You have exceptional motor coordination and can easily use a variety of tools in a safe manner.
* You are able to follow verbal and written instructions, directions and other communication in English.
* Performing basic shop math calculations (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, measuring and converting decimals) is something you are experienced in.
* You have some experience reading simple blueprints & read drawings.
* Occasionally lifting-up to 50 pounds and standing for up to 12 hours a day in something you can handle.
* Safety is at the forefront of your mind when you are working and you gladly follow all of our safety policies to promote a safe working environment at USSC.
* You bring with you a positive attitude and the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
* Helps USSC operate effectively by adhering to USSC's attendance and punctuality standards and does not burden co-workers and supervisors unfairly with unnecessary and unplanned absences and latenesses.
* Understanding that you are part or a growing company, you have no concerns with and are able to work a reasonable amount of overtime as needed to support that growth.
P A S S I O N to build the future together.
People Attitude Service Safety Innovation One Company Nimble
People: We are United Safety's most important asset. We are dedicated, supported and empowered to make decisions. We work ethically, with honor and integrity and do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done.
Attitude: We believe in the power of a positive mindset. We attack challenges with optimism and adjust to change with an enthusiastic team approach. We embrace diversity and treat everyone with respect.
Service: We take pride in treating all customers the way we want to be treated. We go above and beyond to ensure that our internal and external customers receive world class customer service that exceeds expectations.
Safety: We work to overcome obstacles, achieve goals and provide high quality products that improve safety and survivability for our customers. Together, we share the responsibility and the authority to actively create and support a safe work environment that produces the highest quality goods and services.
Innovation: We are driven by innovative technology. We are empowered to creatively and resourcefully overcome challenges. We strive to be a strategic partner for our customers by developing creative products that provide solutions.
One Company: We are One Company, One Team. We work together, grow together and celebrate together. We believe in our team and are dedicated to our collective corporate goals. We are committed to the continuous growth of self, United Safety and each other.
Nimble: We are flexible and respond to changing customer and business needs with focus and speed. We are driven by our continual quest for value creation. We listen, learn, adapt and evolve.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this role. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role, nor is it intended that this description represents all the work that may be required of a person in this position.