STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Production PaintersinSavannah, Georgia.
Under minimal supervision, effectively prepare and paint major sub-assemblies and other parts of aircraft in production made according to specifications and schedule requirements.
- Perform technical evaluation to establish sequence of operations and ensure correct method of manufacturing, assembly, installation, and detail components.
- Troubleshoot any problem area concerning department tooling, production assembly, and aircraft systems.
- Perform a variety of activities including preparation of surfaces and mixing paints.
- Paints aircraft, small parts, and various surfaces according to required specifications.
- Interpret blueprints and read work orders, sketches, and operation sheets to comply with requirements.
- Monitor and record equipment readings (pressure, humidity, oven temp history gauges etc.).
- Perform layout and masking as necessary.
- Mix paints, primers, etc. according to specifications.
- Paint major assemblies (including metal, fiberglass and composite material), detail parts, and apparatus related to ground support.
- Strip paint and prepare surfaces as required.10. Perform miscellaneous paint operations and applies decals.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S and Lean Initiative Programs and complies with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate manufacturing competencies in the Employee Effectiveness Review.
- Provide guidance and training to more junior members of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About STS Technical Services:
- High School diploma/GED. Requires knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials used in painting trade and methods of mixing paint colors.
- A Q-Stamp is required if applicable to respective work area.
- Three (3) years painting/paint preparation experience.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Exhibit a high level of proficiency in technical evaluation, application methods and processes.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to work any shift.
STS Technical Services is aTop 100 Staffing Firmthat's partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to aRecruiting Professionaldirectly, call1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.